By Tony Okechukwu
Imo State Government has announced the commencement of ‘Operation Zero Potholes’ for the repair/maintenance of urban roads linking Owerri Municipal and entire Owerri Capital Territory.
The State Government, through the State Ministry of Works divided Owerri Urban Roads into five (5) zones.
The announcement which was made in a statement released by Governor Ihedioha’s Special Assistant on News media, Izuchukwu Akwarandu, did not indicate the actual date for the commencement of the fill-up.
However, the operation will be completed within two months.
We hope that the listed roads which are in urgent need of maintenance will truly be maintained as announced and that it will not be just promises as usual”.
Below are the list of the approved roads and their zones:
- Mbari Street – MCC
- Orlu Road – Works Layout – IMSU Junction
- Item Street
- Lake Nwaebere Street
- Eni Njoku Street
- Umez Eronini Street
- Warehouse Roundabout – Assumpta Roundabout
- Glass House/ Under Flyover – Okigwe Road
- 40/40 Junction – Ahajioku – Porthacourt Road
- Links Hotel Road
- 40/40 Roundabout – Fish Market Roundabout
- Royce Road
- General Hospital Road – UMUGUMA
- Akachi Road
- Udenwa Estate Roundabout (1) – Roundabout (2)
- Stadium – Wetheral Road Intersection
- DSS Road
- Yaradua Drive
- Amakohia – Akwakuma
- Police Headquarters – Works Layout & Intersection to Shell Camp/Mosque Road.